CA – Nomination Form March 2018 [Word doc]
The Ashford Borough Council Civic Awards have been introduced in 2018 to recognise and honour those people who have contributed substantially to their community and who enrich the lives of others within the borough.
The Awards will provide an opportunity to recognise and celebrate the hard work and dedication of individuals who have given outstanding service in the community, or who have made significant achievements or have acted as role models for the residents of Ashford.
These notes are here to give general guidance to anyone considering making a nomination, but for further information, please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Nominations open on: Monday 19th March 2018
The closing date for nominations is: Monday 21st May 2018
Guidelines for submitting a nomination
1. Only one nomination can be accepted from an individual, although nominees may receive more than one nomination
2. Anyone aged 16 or over, who is either a resident or who serves Ashford’s communities but lives outside the borough, can be nominated.
3. To safeguard the welfare and privacy of the young, nominations for children under the age of 16 will be excluded from these awards.
4. Letters of support (i) A minimum of two and a maximum of six independent letters of support must accompany the completed nomination form. (ii) Letters of support should come from well-informed, independent and unrelated members of the community who know the nominee and can vouch for his or her personal contribution to the borough. (iii) Letters of support are also encouraged from elected representatives, including Parish, Borough and County Councillors who cover Ashford Borough. (iv) Letters of support should be included with the nomination form and should be no more than 250 words in length.
5. There are no separate, individual or group categories for nominations and every nomination will be judged on its merits.
6. Specific Eligibility Criteria (i) The activities of nominees must positively impact on the borough of Ashford or its communities, whether or not nominees are residents of the borough (ii) Recipients will, in the main, be individuals, but in certain cases groups may be considered (iii) The Ashford Borough Council Civic Awards 2018 will recognise and celebrate those who have achieved, contributed to, excelled at or who have made personal effort or sacrifice to the benefit of others. (iv) Local Authority employees may only be considered where the nomination is external to their current job activities.
(v) Appropriate checks will be made on short-listed applicants prior to the decision to make an Award and Awards will only recognise those who have acted with honesty and integrity. (vi) The eligibility criteria are subject to review at any point. (vii) Nominations can be submitted electronically or by hard copy. (viii) The closing date for submissions for the Ashford Borough Council Civic Awards 2018 is midnight on Monday 21st May 2018. Nominations received after this point will not be considered.
7. Supplementary Information (i) All nominations and correspondence will be treated with the strictest confidentiality (ii) Selection of those people who will become recipients of awards will be made by the members of the Ashford Honours & Awards Board at a special selection meeting in June of this year (iii) The Ashford Honours & Awards Board is representative of the community as a whole and information regarding its composition and terms of reference is available on request (iv) Successful nominees will receive confirmation of their award and an official invitation to the Award Ceremony no later than week commencing 4th June. Further nomination forms can be obtained by e-mailing: email@example.com Hard copies of nomination forms and guidance notes are available from Ashford Borough Council’s Civic Centre reception, upon request.